Wednesday, September 10, 2008

6,420,815 Fenway Franks

On the occasion of attaining the longest consecutive sellout streak in MLB history, the NOG (New Ownership Group) announced that all those who purchased a seat (in their own name) from the inception of the streak in 2003 to this past Monday will have their name enshrined in the Baseball Hall Of Fame.

Let me say, as one of that select group of several hundred thousand, I am honored and humbled to have my name alongside Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Wee Willie Keeler. And just as they would, I would like to thank the "little people" who made it possible for me to realize this great personal achievement. Specifically, I would like to thank a key subset of the little people community: Gremlin-Americans.

If it weren't for the diligent efforts of Gremlins every year, I (and my Season Ticket partners) would not be able to scrape together the $12,000 or so that we gratefully submit to the NOG every December (shipping and handling costs extra). Moreover, every September those same brave Gremlin-Americans insure that we can come up with the additional $7,000 or so that the NOG thoughtfully extracts from us right after Labor Day so that we may watch the annual playoff run of our beloved Carmine Hose.

Thank you, Gremlins of America for finding that extra cash between the seat cushions, in the pants we haven't worn since the Clinton Adminstration and in the College Fund cookie jar. Without you, we couldn't keep John Henry in racing cars.

No comments: