Saturday, February 07, 2009

Beautiful People Discover Red Sox

It's OK, Trust Fund Babies, it's safe to like the Red Sox now. Keith Lockhart has sprinkled his cultural Holy Water on the local baseball nine, so now you can even show up at Fenway! Just think, the lush tones of "Shippin' Up To Boston" will now resound off the hallowed walls of Symphony Hall. "Sweet Caroline" will be heard with even more strings than when Neil Diamond recorded it.

Call me cynical, but frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a rat's you-know-what that the Pops have recorded a bunch of Sox favorites. Who invited them to the party? Oh, I forgot, there is a serious elitist strain that runs through our esteemed NOG—from their political leanings to their annoying "green" fetish.

I can hear it now from all the Beautiful People, "I say, Muffy, I believe that team over in Kenmore Square has won two of their championship things lately, perhaps we should pay more attention now that the Pops are involved". Pull-eeeze.

No comments: